Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

Experimenting

I have actually managed to get some torch time in even though it has been half term!  I couldn't decide on a colour combo so I went for colours that I rarely use.  I also decided to practice some of the techniques I learnt with Lorna, in particular getting enough glass on the mandrel to use a press.  I did a bit of straight line practice and chucked in some murrini that I've had for a while just for good measure.

Recently, I ordered some clear glass rods, I thought I had ordered some thick ones but alas they were the same size as the kilo I ordered not so long ago!!!  With plenty of clear glass it made sense to practice with my lentil press with a clear base.



I am rather fond the floral set on the right so I think I will experiment with different colourways.









One of the things I love about working with glass is that you never quite know for sure whether colour combinations are going to work.  The resulting beads are nothing like what I had in mind, although, I think they work.  They put me in mind of 'carnival'.







This was a first for me.  Not only did I manage to make beads, I also made them into jewellery, phographed them AND I have posted these items in my shop!!!

I hope you had a good weekend.  I wonder if this week will be productive with the children back at school....?

No comments:

Post a Comment