Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

A Fab day with 49Arts Playing with Paper

At the craft shop where I teach my jewellery making workshops we had an 'In the Pink Night' and I won a fantastic raffle prize which was to spend a day with Diana of 49 Arts.  We spent a whole day making two books

The main project was the large purple hard-backed book.  There is so much involved in the process, from finding the grain of the paper and making sure it runs the right way through the book, to deciding on the cover and inside sheets.  I made my book with the intention of it being a sketch book for my bead and jewellery designs but I can't bring myself to make a mark in it at the moment! 

While we were waiting for the glue to dry on the hard-backed book Diana showed me how to make the smaller notebook.

 Although I am proud of my sketch book this little notebook was almost more satisfying I think because we used materials and techniques that I can easily transfer to doing at home.  The cover is made of a scrap of leather that Diana had leftover from a pair of leather trousers that she was given. 

This little book would make a great teacher gift and the design possibilities are limitless, using all manner of recycled paper and fabric.

If you live in Wiltshire and are looking for a gift for a craft lover I would definitely recommend a day with Diana at 49 Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment