Pages

Monday 12 December 2011

A Festive First

We have started to get abit more into the festive spirit now in our house.  The tree went up yesterday along with some decs and today I made a wreath for the door, something I have never attempted before.  I would never claim to know anything about floristry so this was a complete shot in the dark and I made it up as I went along.

Ian and the children went foraging yesterday for holly and ivy.  We are very lucky to have a lovely wood across from our house
They returned with a bounty of greenery with lovely berries and some 'Old Man's Beard'.  I had a wreath tray thing left over from last year with the oasis still in it.  I soaked the oasis and hoped for the best.  It is hanging on the door as I type this but not sure it will stay when the wind picks up.  But it hasn't cost me anything so if it all falls apart I will chalk it up to experience.

Next on the list of  festive jobs is some homemade teacher gifts and this year we are going to make some Biscotti.  I have a tried and tested recipe!  I figure some home baking wrapped in a cellophane bag with some pretty ribbon will go down well.  I'll let you know how we get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment