Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

New Year = New Diary

I've had a Filofax for a long time but for the past couple of years I have bought a diary feeling that my Filofax is a little boring.  While being off work I have been surfing the net, especially Youtube, looking at art journals which led onto looking at how others use their planners/Filofax.  This resulted in a little Filofax makeover.  I have lots of scrapbooking papers and a beautiful set of Project Life Olive Edition papers, so I gathered my glue, my old Filofax diary dividers and set to.

 Ta da!  I am so pleased with how they came out.  I didn't take a before shot but they were a very boring cream card.  The one mistake, you may have spotted it, is that the August card is covered on the wrong side.  I got abit carried away and by the time I noticed my error the glue had dried.  I need to rectify it by adding more paper on the correct side but that can wait.

I also have a penchant for washi tape and something I saw during my surfing sessions was the use of Washi tape on the edge of pages to beautify a book.  My Filofax is the personal size, its small enough to fit into a handbag and is great as a calendar size but sometimes the pages are too small for jotting lots of notes and ideas when out and about.  I decided to make some pages that would let make more notes on a page.
A piece of lined paper with a piece of plain paper and I could, if this isn't large enough, add another sheet which can concertina and fold in.  I just love the colour the washi tape edges give.
Another nifty tip I picked up is using the little pockets you can get for Filofax as mini stationary cases.  I decided to use the credit card holder to hold some mini post it notes.


Oh yes, and a new pen was required.  I couldn't resist this pen and pencil set from Whsmith, they fit perfectly into the pocket.

If you have been inspired to update and breathe abit of life into an old Filofax/planner here are some links

http://www.nadiavdmescht.co.za/2013/07/filofax-love.html

http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2013/08/my-filofax-organization.html

Here's to a colourful and organised 2015.



1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I only dug out my old Filofax a couple of weeks back and bought lots of new goodies for it but I'm now inspired to give it a more personal touch :)

    ReplyDelete